Monday, October 29, 2012

Two years old!

I woke up this morning at exactly 5:44 am, the exact time Jack came into this world two years ago.  Madelynn was one minute later.  I was able to have a whole hour of quiet time to myself, drinking my coffee and thinking about the past two years and how they have changed our lives and changed the person that I am.  We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Jack and Maddy's birthday with our family and friends.  We are so lucky to have so many wonderful people who care about them.  There is something really special about seeing other people enjoy your children.

Celebrating these milestones is always bittersweet for me...I am so excited to see Jack and Madelynn grow and learn new things but I sometimes yearn for their newborn days when we spent our time snuggling on the couch.  There are so many things I want to remember--the sound of the pitter patter of little feet on the floor, the sounds of them waking up in the morning and jumping in their cribs, squealing or talking to each other.  The way that Jack helps me unload the dishwasher--first by grabbing a large bowl and filling it with silverware and then bringing the whole bowl to me, rather then bringing me one silverware at a time (he's so smart!)  The way that Maddy says "tank you momma," every time I hand her anything.  The way that Jack reaches things for Maddy, helps her open doors and helps her find her precious stuffed horse when she is looking all over for it.  The way they give each other kisses and hugs when they are saying sorry.  The way that Maddy is constantly choosing books and bringing them to me to read and the way that Jack asks me to sit on the floor and play trains or leggos with him. 

This past year they have transformed from babies into sweet, loving, curious, adventurous, sometimes challenging toddlers.  They are so lucky to have each other to grow up with and we are so lucky to have them!  The journey continues and we are so excited to see what the next year brings.

Happy 2nd birthday my loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment