Monday, October 17, 2011

Nonstop!

Nonstop action, that pretty much describes my two little loves these days.  Brad went away this weekend to a football game so it was just the three of us.  Wow, am I exhausted!  Running after these two all weekend long and being outnumbered sure was tiring, but we did have a lot of fun, and some memorable moments...

To get out of the house I took Jack and Madelynn to an indoor play area with foam play structures.  They were so happy, they were giggling and grinning as they explored Munchkin Playland.  They would chase each other all over and climb in/over and up anything they could get a hold of.  Jack quickly spotted an older baby, about 16 months old and decided he could do anything and everything that baby was doing...and he practically could!  I am constantly amazed at how darn smart that little guy is.

Both babies learned how to drink from a straw this weekend--it is so cute to watch them.  Jack has taken several steps too, 3 or 4 a day before he gets overly excited and topples over.  Maddy still has no interest, but just wait until Jack starts walking and then she will join him in no time.

Our only mishap this weekend was that Jack got his first taste of dog food.  He has been obsessed with the dog food and water dish from the very beginning.  While I was trying to get them in the car, running back and forth from the car to their playroom that is completely baby proofed, I accidentally left the gate open and while I was putting Maddy in the car Jack quickly crawled out of his room, over to the dog water (which I had just filled), spilled it all over the kitchen floor and himself, then when I returned 15 seconds later he had fist fulls of dog food.  I found a bunch in his mouth and tried to get them all out but I'm sure a few must have slipped down his throat.  It was one of those laughing and crying at the same time moments.  He was fine though.  Must not have tasted too bad because he tried to do it again the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment