Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My first mother's day was wonderful!  Brad gave me TWO whole nights of continuous sleep (he got up each time they cried) AND he did the early morning feeding both Saturday and Sunday.  I feel so refreshed...my first 8 hours of continuous sleep since, well, maybe when I was 4 months pregnant :-)  We also went on a cruise on the Willamette river--the babies first boat ride.  They were great.

here is a poem my mother shared with me today:

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
before I was a mom.

The babies have been eating more foods--they love peas!  Madelynn's new talent is putting her toes in her mouth and sucking on them.  Jack continues to "talk" to us in high pitched squeals.  They had their first play date on Friday with 8 month old twin boys. I think it was more fun for me then them, but they are starting to play and interact with each other more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment