Thursday, March 3, 2011

four months old!

I've always wanted to start a blog, and our life has become such an adventure nowadays--what better time to start documenting it all :-)

This week Jack and Maddy had their four month check up.  They are both growing so well-Jack is 14 pounds, 24.5 inches long and Maddy is 13 pounds, 25 inches long.  They have become so much fun the past couple of weeks.  They are both smiling all of the time, playing with their toys and watching us as we talk to them and walk around the room.  They are talking back..in their own little language of course.  Maddy hums when she is sleeping, it is such a sweet sound.  Their distinct personalities are amazing to me.  I see so much of Brad in Jack and so much of myself in Maddy.  Jack is easy going and happy.  Maddy is curious about everything, snuggly and does she ever have a set of lungs on her!  She lets us know when she is not happy about something.  They have both started to notice Chloe, our dog, and they smile when she licks their face or their toes.

It is amazing to think about how much they have changed in 4 months.  They have gone from wearing preemie clothes and eating every three hours around the clock to now growing out of their 3 month clothes and SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!  They still wake up every night at least once or twice and fuss a little but they are easily soothed back to sleep and there are no more midnight feedings :-)

I love them more every single day.  They have taught me patience and given me the opportunity to experience unconditional love in a way I never imagined was possible. I am so thankful to be their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment